The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who Is Samuel Jones: An Exploratory Series Revealing the Facets of a Personality- Facet 3 (Samuel Jones- Bastrop, LA)

Facet 3: Sam, America's Sweetheart

You know, Sam was something I never did call myself originally. It was a nickname that other people, the public, had given me. Inside of my family, I am C.J. Outside of my family, I am Sam. Sam seems to be the foil of C.J. in a variety of ways. Sam is an outgoing conversationalist. He is sweet, bright-eyed, and approachable. Sam is slow to take offense and finds forgiveness to be easy and natural.

I think Sam developed as a natural reaction in order to balance the influence of C.J. When I was in high school and my home life was terrible, I could not properly express who I was as a loving, gregarious individual. Many of the positive aspects of my personality had little outlet due to me just simply trying to make it day to day. What is amazing, though, is how a transformation would occur whenever I would go to school. The same thing would happen when I would be with a group of friends. My mood, my entire personality, would lighten. I became funny, I became more open minded, and I became a participant in life as opposed to merely being tolerant of it.

It would be accurate to say that it is Sam that most people see and interact with. When I am in public, he is my default. He is attentive, likable, and caring. Sam is a person willing to give you most of who he is. What's interesting to note, though, is how Sam does not have very much depth. He is the veneer to a much deeper self. 

When I want to be nice, yet want to keep a person at arm's length, I give them Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment