The Louisiana Social Pledge
We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
What I Know For Sure (Samuel Jones- Bastrop, LA)
The following things, due to my life experience, are things that I know for sure:
- The most consistent aspect of your life is yourself.
- No person can ever be the end of you; only you can be the end of yourself.
- If you don't learn the first time, the lesson will reoccur until you do.
- People become sure of you once you become sure of yourself.
- Some of the most valuable gifts come wrapped in newspaper.
- The less you view yourself as a victim, the less you will be victimized.
- Risk-taking is the catalyst of life.
- Success is a language of many dialects.
- An experience is never a waste of time as long as you take something from it.
- Love takes on many forms. And just because it's not the form that you want, the form you may have been searching for, it doesn't make it any less valuable. Love brings things to life.