The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Saturday, August 31, 2013

That Adele Song (James Leland Ludeau-Lafayette, LA)

As the bullet left the barrel of my gun i thought, "God, do i really want to do this?" "It's so permanent and I've always had issues with commitment." But it was too late the bullet was on its way his fate decided and as it tore into his scalp it splintered his bone shattered his flesh it made a mess bigger than we ever were "what an absolute metaphor for our relationship." I thought as a smile bigger than Texas owned the muscles of my face it was a gorgeous mess some of his blood splashed across my cheek i'd just shot my lover in the head and as i stared at the abyss that the bullet left i thought, "Je ne regrette rien." he deserved it my room in hell is booked with this deed i'm almost certain and if i see this bitch in hell i'm gonna shoot him in the head again because i want to see him die over and over and over he always thought i was the weaker but it's me who is still standing as the corpse of this asshole lies on the floor helplessly draining itself of O Positive blood It's funny how many thoughts run through your head in one second at a time like this i used to think, "Someday you'll be sorry." when he'd hit me now i'm certain i'm not not sorry the only regret i have is that i wore my favorite jeans today and now this mother fucker is all stained on them i guess i will always have a piece of him next to me his DNA i stepped over his legs to see if his eyes were closed he only had the right one left "ain't that some shit" i thought he looked good in red looking good was never his problem being good was now he was good and dead i'd diminished myself long enough swallowed my light and in this moment i felt resolved and just as i thought it was done i heard one huge sigh come from his body this happens sometimes when people die i think it's their soul exiting their body i hoped his would wander forever lost i couldn't stay here anymore the metallic smell of his blood nauseated me i bent down and kissed his cold lips then i kicked his face with my Tom Ford boots i grabbed my belongings and exited and thought "we couldn't have two drivers on the clutch" as i left the scene of my crime i sped away in the charcoal night i felt saved i stuck my hand in my pocket and rubbed my rosary for luck "Jesus help me out of this" i cried out and He did i think because suddenly i was steered back to the scene i'd just left i siphoned gas our of my tank into an empty bottle of Jack i dumped it on his lifeless body i smoke a Marlboro even though i don't smoke the nicotine entered my bloodstream making me feel more alive focused on the task at hand the smoke entered and exited my lungs and with each breath i felt reborn like i had a chance to do it all over without him a weight lifted from my soul the end of our love was violent and as i flicked my cigarette onto the pile of his flesh on the floor flames swallowed whatever was left burned this fucker down to the ground "sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead" the lyrics of that Adele song played in my head i'd heard it a million times i only needed to live it once

No comments:

Post a Comment