The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Spark Never Dies (by James Leland Ludeau III from Lafayette,LA)


i fell in love with you
burning hot like coals
beneath my skin l
ighting up my being
i laid on the altar
i was altered
i cared less about me
and more about you
for the first time in my life
i faced giving up
I faced sacrifice
i felt like the lamb sacrificial slaughtered
and if i fed you
it was ok
i only wanted you to be nourished
i gave of myself
but your love was a gunshot to my head
left me limp lifeless
changed
sacrificed
but my soul retreated
refused to be beaten
and this spirit in me grew
white heat
LIGHT
i forgive you for sacrificing me
i served a purpose
but now it pours out of my skin
like light like a candle
a lantern
i want to shine upon the dark path
and show you what transformation feels
like that you can come out of any situation
no matter how bad
no matter how dark
illuminated filled with Light
so bask in my glory
it's my new purpose
and if i sacrifice my light
it only grows
the spark never dies

No comments:

Post a Comment