The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Love Don't Cost a Thing (James Leland Ludeau III-Lafayette, LA)

you met me in a moment when i was weak and confused at first i refused but you were persistent no longer resistant i gave in to your advances took chances in love it's rare to win so full of sin your thoughts consumed me no longer free i felt like a caged bird couldn't voice my own word you cast a shadow over my being no reasoning i fought with all i had to get away saved my own damn day i was meant to shine bright cast my own light so i shed the darkness that you became and escaped your tangled game made you swallow your pride took you on a wild ride i showed you that my true strength lies in my ability to forgive i let you live when in the past others died for less than what you've done to me i set you free but i taught you that you're but a boy not your toy i'm a man with a hand in my own fate and i'm great greater than you thought i couldn't be bought you promised me a ring but like J-Lo's, my love don't cost a thing you're a fool go drool on some other man's pillow ppfffttt

No comments:

Post a Comment