The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Friday, April 25, 2014

My Lament: Die Another Day (James Leland Ludeau III-Lafayette, LA)

i wanted the good life never signed up for an easy ride i strived to earn it all my place in this world never one who played his hand in love it ate me up like a cancer killing the joy of my soul instead i longed to feel the sun on my face i longed for the days that i felt free i longed for home and his arms were so empty once they crumbled into dust my fucked up version of love and my ideal of lust i longed a father figure it figures that i'd search my whole life trying to fill a void not realizing that i am whole not defined by time or space i go round and round just like a circle i can see a clearer picture what i want is to live forever when i touch the ground i come full circle to my place and i am home not beneath the earth like him full of regret and worms not void of energy not lacking of warmth i saw him fade away and i don't want any part of that i know i have to let go of the past it didn't last but memory sometimes plays with my mind i remember him as being kind can't kiss him goodbye but i promise to try this life i live this air i breathe for his death for which i grief i wear this smile upon my face my heart filled with grace guess i'll die another day

No comments:

Post a Comment