The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Thursday, April 17, 2014

Undone (James Leland Ludeau III-Lafayette,LA)

it was one of those pre-summer mornings when the air is orange and yellow and crystal clear the world looks like a Fellini movie beauty on the outside gore on the inside out of all the people you wanted me the most you ran your fingers through my brown hair and you caressed my tattoos and asked their stories our eyes locked on one another and the rotation of the earth slowed a bit a drunken world "how do i keep you?" you asked "don't make me want to give up" i answered simply we had a connection that can last lifetimes a love without borders a desire hotter than July but i sensed its undoing i could feel it coming and i knew you could to you snapped black and white pictures of me knowing that they'd be reminders for you in the future the only part of me you'd hold onto as the passion cooled the love died a silent death what we'd created together had come undone the only heat on my skin now was the sun's kiss "you said you'd never leave" you begged "i lied" i admitted how can you hang around when nothing feels right? it's never been my style so i rolled over, kissed your cheek put my clothes on and closed the door behind me i looked back for just a moment pregnant with that self doubt that complacency breeds in you afraid that i'd never find this again but my excitement overpowered my doubt and life became new again

No comments:

Post a Comment