The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In The Sea (by James Leland Ludeau III-Lafayette,LA)

i am floating in the sea deep and cold dying in the water as the remains of our love fill my lungs suffocating me this love that i fought for this union that i believed in has left me half dead in the water i hold my breath and try to fight to right myself this panic grabbing hold of me no longer concentrated on saving us i only care to save myself i am too strong to die here alone floating like a fool your love rained down on me and became a flood then a river then a sea in its capacity immense but the fluidity that i used to enjoy became a rough ocean threatening me i find myself swimming for shore with all of my might as i floated there empty and afraid i learned that my joy is not in your smile it's not in your heart not even in your hands it's in my core my soul encapsulated and while i lay here exposed some things remain hidden from you you hurled your hate at me in an attempt to drown my joy gave up on our love so that you could be king but as my joy leads me through your dark sea my soul watches from above and i smile knowing i've survived that i will go on and when i touch land i run as fast as my legs can carry me away from your grasp i'm free again free to be me free to release my joy for i'm no longer imprisoned by your ideas of what i should i be

No comments:

Post a Comment