The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Sunday, October 26, 2014

Haunted (Louis Toliver Jr. - Swartz, LA)

Our ghosts are watching
The Past lingers in conversation 
The cemetery is cold 
Our graves have no blankets 
But it's our yearly date 
Which warms us
You ask, "How's your coffee?"
I say, "Cold," of course.
On Halloween
We walk hand in hand 
From grave to grave 
Making up stories of their dead lives 
Taking our minds off our dead lives 
"It's a shame I only see you yearly,"
I shrug at the moon
Look at you and move in for a kiss
You move away, "What year is it?"
I say, "I'm not sure." 
We see a tombstone with 2014
"We've been seven years dead," you pause
I move in for another kiss 
This time you let me
"If only I could have kissed you alive,"
I feel my death at these words.
We kiss throughout the moonlight
Wishing we had lived for our love 
When morning came 
You went in your grave 
And I went in mine 
Waiting for another year to pass 
Haunted by each other 

No comments:

Post a Comment