Skip to main content

Something New (Chase Miller - Lafayette, LA)

 


Thoughts. Is it ever often considered how much we as human beings think in a day? Quite a lot of ideas, plans, aphorisms, imaginations, wonders, if you think about it. There is so much going on in our heads, about anything and everything. What we did that day, what we planned to accomplish, who we would meet, if we had time to finish what we needed to do, if you'd actually have to wait in line to get lunch, if your crush would actually acknowledge you that day; the list goes on and on and on. Very rarely do we stop, reflect upon what we've done and what we've thought, and moved on. Few have mastered it, and many still endlessly wander through the maze of their mind.


At times, I wonder if the thoughts will continue, even after this life, or the life after that, or the life after. It is a scary thought, to actually think forever, perpetually lost in random crevices of our imagination. Will it ever stop? 

No one really knows, but then again, who ever will?

I write this in hopes that whoever reads this understands why I am writing this message, and why I've decided to start writing this blog. Many times in my short life, I've always felt the urge to write about something, and actually stick to writing in it every single day of my life. There have been attempts, but alas, they've all been in vain. It's funny, we try so often to focus on doing things in our life on a daily basis that we lose track of the purpose of the thing that we are actual doing, or rather, we get so focused on the purpose that we lose track of the things that we really do to achieve that goal.

However, I think deciding to act upon doing this daily grind of writing might do me a shred of good. When it all comes down to it, I think too much and sometimes, the build up is far too massive for my brain to handle.
Nowadays, anything seems to be far too massive for my brain to handle.

Life.

Rather than rambling on and on about what I need to do, and about how writing this blog is going to help me or some lucky person who runs into it one day when they're looking up how to draw pictures of the wind, I am simply going to write to write. That's all that seems to matter at the moment.

Wait. No it doesn't. My life and everyone else's and how their opinion affects mine seems to matter, do I care? A little bit. Should I not? Probably.

Oh well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Hither (Annette Redmond Walters - Lafayette, LA)

I meant it not this way but the tears just flow and my makeup smearing all the more, leaving behind that familiar filthy residue. I may have begun to drive myself away, dragging you down as well. But it's done, I've flipped the switch and now it's dark once more. How painful is the music to my ears, I can't stand to be alone in it, yet here I am again. I pray you fly back and safely and warmly to me, though I fear I've dug the grave too deeply. As the dirt shifts within my soul, I choke on those loving words I'd  meant for you. All the fragments of light I see becoming smaller and I wish to be near you in your embrace that might make me feel the warmth I'm missing. And in reality, I doubt I'd breathe another breath without you. So come hither and quickly soothe my dying heart, you are the only cure I know. I cry and cry again, come hither to heal and love me. Come hither and help me dry my tears.

Let That Fucker Burn (John Chenvert - Napoleonville, LA)

Let that fucker burn. Let the fire crackle like the whips once did— like bone meeting leather, like screams swallowed by the trees. Let the white columns crumble to ash. Not as tragedy— but as truth, unearthing itself from beneath generations of silence. Nottoway is not a mansion. It’s a mausoleum. A lie carved in stone to honor the hands that held the whip, not the backs that bore it. They called it the “White Castle.” A place of beauty. A place for weddings, for photo ops, for pretending that horror can be made elegant if the curtains match the guilt. But no paint can cover what happened there. Blood doesn’t wash out with white linens. And pain doesn’t forget just because you renamed it history. I’m not Black. And I won’t pretend to carry that weight. But I also won’t ignore it. My people—the Guanches—were taken too. Our language silenced. Our land stolen. Our names nearly erased. So yes, I know colonization. Yes, I know what it means to be disappeared. But I also know this— my skin ...

The Peculiar New Room (Nick Perere - Baton Rouge, LA)

A peculiar fourth room has appeared in my three bedroom abode. High ceilings Higher than any ceiling in the house Perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls The largest window one can imagine Stretching from floor to ceiling  Wide as an ocean’s horizon  Revealing the  lushest  greenery and the bluest skies.  I am meant to show masterpieces here.   But in one of the corners  o f the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls  i s an ugly patch of dirt. Dirt darker than charred coal.  And the dirt is crawling And multiplying.  With their spindly legs and dangly antennae  Vermin covered in filth and willingly ready to spread their germs Scuffing the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.   But I have to move on,  I have a gallery to exhibit. Smile and act as  if  nothing is wrong. Come.   Enjoy the show.   Enjoy the artwork hanging  Upon the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.