Skip to main content

Security Breach (Micah Caswell-Baton Rouge, LA)


The hardness cracked
Shards of ice, glass, stone—
Whatever had encased that pulsing piece of me—
Rushed from the center
They scattered in all directions
Toward the surface
One touch had done this
Now sharp peaks were erupting—
Piercing the surface of my body from the inside
As each of these daggers—
Which I had molded myself—
Freed itself from the prison within me
Warmth burst from the gaps
Left in my skin
Not just warmth, but warm liquid
Liquid that trickled and out
Down surfaces, no longer smooth, but broken
These red rivers that wished to escape the confines of my body
Served as a reason, an excuse, an invitation
For lips and tongue to further explore
These explorations more thrilling than the touch
The rhythm quickened inside
It beat with more intensity
It became quicker, and quicker still
Until I thought there to be no choice
I had to stop this
My body could handle no more
And then
I was thrown into ecstasy
Body and all
The eyes that were married to the smiling lips and resting tongue
Looked down at my spasming body
I had been freed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Hither (Annette Redmond Walters - Lafayette, LA)

I meant it not this way but the tears just flow and my makeup smearing all the more, leaving behind that familiar filthy residue. I may have begun to drive myself away, dragging you down as well. But it's done, I've flipped the switch and now it's dark once more. How painful is the music to my ears, I can't stand to be alone in it, yet here I am again. I pray you fly back and safely and warmly to me, though I fear I've dug the grave too deeply. As the dirt shifts within my soul, I choke on those loving words I'd  meant for you. All the fragments of light I see becoming smaller and I wish to be near you in your embrace that might make me feel the warmth I'm missing. And in reality, I doubt I'd breathe another breath without you. So come hither and quickly soothe my dying heart, you are the only cure I know. I cry and cry again, come hither to heal and love me. Come hither and help me dry my tears.

Let That Fucker Burn (John Chenvert - Napoleonville, LA)

Let that fucker burn. Let the fire crackle like the whips once did— like bone meeting leather, like screams swallowed by the trees. Let the white columns crumble to ash. Not as tragedy— but as truth, unearthing itself from beneath generations of silence. Nottoway is not a mansion. It’s a mausoleum. A lie carved in stone to honor the hands that held the whip, not the backs that bore it. They called it the “White Castle.” A place of beauty. A place for weddings, for photo ops, for pretending that horror can be made elegant if the curtains match the guilt. But no paint can cover what happened there. Blood doesn’t wash out with white linens. And pain doesn’t forget just because you renamed it history. I’m not Black. And I won’t pretend to carry that weight. But I also won’t ignore it. My people—the Guanches—were taken too. Our language silenced. Our land stolen. Our names nearly erased. So yes, I know colonization. Yes, I know what it means to be disappeared. But I also know this— my skin ...

The Peculiar New Room (Nick Perere - Baton Rouge, LA)

A peculiar fourth room has appeared in my three bedroom abode. High ceilings Higher than any ceiling in the house Perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls The largest window one can imagine Stretching from floor to ceiling  Wide as an ocean’s horizon  Revealing the  lushest  greenery and the bluest skies.  I am meant to show masterpieces here.   But in one of the corners  o f the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls  i s an ugly patch of dirt. Dirt darker than charred coal.  And the dirt is crawling And multiplying.  With their spindly legs and dangly antennae  Vermin covered in filth and willingly ready to spread their germs Scuffing the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.   But I have to move on,  I have a gallery to exhibit. Smile and act as  if  nothing is wrong. Come.   Enjoy the show.   Enjoy the artwork hanging  Upon the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.