The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Perfect Man (Adam John Shexnayder-Crowley, LA)


I could love so fiercely. With every fiber of my being. To the moon and back. My last breath could be just for him. I could form to his body. Become one unit: a perfect, flowing machine. I could be a better man. Just to show I care. I would memorize the lines on his hands like I was reading his future. Run my hand through his hair to calm him down during a storm. I would watch all of the movies that I hate just to know why he loves them. I'd get a puppy if he wanted even though they make me nervous. I would forgive him for leaving the toothpaste cap undone. I'd clean his facial hair out of the sink. I'd massage his back after a hard days work. I'd even endure his random farting that he would think is so funny. I'd fall even if I'm not sure he's ready to catch me. I'd kiss him goodnight and not ever take him for granted. After a fight, I'd come out with a white flag.  All the things I would do could never compare. I would be a lover, a friend, a guide, and a muse. I would be too good to be true, but so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment