Did you miss the highly successful Louisiana Words Live: New Orleans 2?! No worries! We have each performance for you coming to our extension site: motsdelouisiane.com this August! Stay tuned Wednesdays & Thursdays for the rest of August. See
memorable performances by featured writers: T.Q. Sims, Brenna Alyssa Mahn, Jorge Arturo, Daniel W. K. Lee, & J. Michael Norris! Also, see our open mic performances by Robert "Zack" Zachary, Chase Miller, & "Tee." This show was hosted by none other that Louisiana Words creator, Louis Toliver Jr. Our next show is Oct. 2nd at 7pm at the Allways Lounge & Cabaret in New Orleans. The show will be all about Halloween and scary stories! Come read! Submit: louisianawords@gmail.com!
I meant it not this way but the tears just flow and my makeup smearing all the more, leaving behind that familiar filthy residue. I may have begun to drive myself away, dragging you down as well. But it's done, I've flipped the switch and now it's dark once more. How painful is the music to my ears, I can't stand to be alone in it, yet here I am again. I pray you fly back and safely and warmly to me, though I fear I've dug the grave too deeply. As the dirt shifts within my soul, I choke on those loving words I'd meant for you. All the fragments of light I see becoming smaller and I wish to be near you in your embrace that might make me feel the warmth I'm missing. And in reality, I doubt I'd breathe another breath without you. So come hither and quickly soothe my dying heart, you are the only cure I know. I cry and cry again, come hither to heal and love me. Come hither and help me dry my tears.

Comments
Post a Comment