The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Winning! (Adam John Schexnayder-Lyons Point, LA & Louis Toliver Jr-Austin, TX)

Once upon time I felt like a loser because of all of my exes, but now I'm winning. Circles and circles, I dance around them, any negative influence for that matter. I never thought freedom would be possible from such misery. Free from such downers, drowners. I'm free from them! The sun is out! Shout! Those fools didn't think I'd get out of bed to enjoy my life. Wrong. Time to go shopping for a boyfriend or loyal friend, maybe even a dog, cause I'm winning. 

I used to ask myself if I would get burned if I got too close to happiness. I only accepted the pain that got me through each moment. But now I'm winning. Winning a game I didn't even know I knew how to play. It's like I got to pass go and landed on a get out of jail free card. And the best part, I did it for myself. Me and myself got us out of a loosing streak. Liberation got me here but I'll never forget what got me liberation. I'm winning and it never hurt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment