The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Story of "You" (Louis Toliver Jr-Swartz, LA)


“What about us?” I said as I was leaving
I’ve spent all this time right by your side
And this is how you repay me? This?
Yes, I’m pissed. Yes, I’m fucking pissed.
I’m not going to keep saying I’m sorry
Not to a piece of shit like you, no way!
You. You. “You” is all I hear out of you

And the thought that I gave so much time…
The thought that I built a life around you…
What about us? Huh? What about us?
Lying, cheating, stealing, hating, fighting,
Hugging, kissing, sighing, loving, fucking…
Ahhh! I hate you! I hate you! I love you!

Was I always in this alone? When did you leave ?
Where did your heart go? Mine was here.
I’m so embarrassed. I’m so confused. I am…
Who I am? Who am I… without you?  I’m lost
My life gone down the drain. A black hole.

A black hole created by an asshole. That’s you.
Yep. The asshole. I don’t know what to say now.
I could stand here in silence. Should I? Hell no.
Well, I’ll  just stand here and think. Think…

About the multiple ways to say “goodbye, jerk”
Or about the multiple ways I can leave you
My stomach turns at the sight of a dead end

And that’s what you are…a dead end. You!
Clearly, you can tell I’m finding a new path

I’m no longer in the cast of the “Story of You”

No comments:

Post a Comment