The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Thursday, July 3, 2014

Will You Marry Me? (Louis Toliver Jr-Austin, TX)



Yes, B.L.G.
The man who shares my name
I write each word
With our seriousness of love
See, my mother, her values of love
Raised me to be a Southern Beau
So, in writing this poem
I’m not the type of man
To let another man
Share my home without marriage
Or engagement
To be honest, I wouldn’t marry me
I have no home to give to you
However, I an commit to you,
Engaged lovers building a marriage
I give you the anticipation
Of a marriage proposal to come
On this Independence Day
I get to fulfill my dream
Of asking my soulmate to marry,
Standing on a bridge in the evening,
As the boats float under us
I can’t wait to kiss you
As we start our life together
I promise, you, My Love
Though this is just an engagement
Texas will recognize our marriage
These two Louisiana men, here
Whether they like it or not
Can’t you see it! A first of its kind
A grand gay wedding procession
Of all the one’s we love
Floating on the San Antonio River
For all the world to see
Because, we are bigger than Texas
Tell the households of Verona
Than Romeo and Juliet still live
No person, nor state, nor nation
Will deny us our love

No comments:

Post a Comment