The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Friday, July 25, 2014

Never Meant to Hurt You (Louis Toliver Jr-Austin, TX)


If I put pain in your heart
Tore us apart
Rubbed you 
Blue 
I mean no harm 
Don't ring the alarm
Please forgive me 
I couldn't see 
Blinded by my own pain
I blamed the rain
Everyone I distrusted
My soul felt busted 
It wasn't you
I was blue
My reaction 
Was defensive action 
Fear 
Of what was near
Please forgive me
I couldn't see
If I spoke 
Words that made you choke 
If I wasn't there 
No time to spare 
Didn't give you a hug
When you put down a rug
Made room
Gave me a broom
To share the life wealth
Be good to myself
Please forgive me
I couldn't see
I thank you
Love you too

No comments:

Post a Comment