The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Take My Hand (Jason Smith-Lafayette, LA)


Take my hand,
Come and walk with me trough this never ending land.
Let me take you on a journey that includes only me and you.
Let me give you a love that you know is true.
Give me the time to show you my heart,
To know that I have been real right from the start.
Give your time...give me an ear,
Let me show you that I have no fear.
In a time of misfortune; a time of despair,
Let me show you that I will always be there.
I will give you my heart...
I will give you my soul...
All that is within me completely and whole.
A best friend...a lover...a husband I can be,
Just show me your heart and let me know that you will never leave.
I will walk beside you and watch your dreams come true,
I will give you the strength to help you see them trough.
Anything you wish from me can belong to you,
Just give me your love...just show me that it’s true.

No comments:

Post a Comment