Skip to main content

A Forbidden Love (Jason M Smith-Lafayette, LA)


As you lay on our bed, exposed to the world in all your naked glory, I gently
press my lips against yours, savoring their sweet taste.
The smell of your hair lingers in my nostrils, your perfume drifting across
the room.
But you don't respond to me, but then you never did.
But I’m used to that now.
Lying there, cold, unfeeling, uncaring, like you always do.
But, I know your little secret, all the plans you made with him.
I know them all.
You were going to leave me, leave me for him.
But not now, you shall not leave now.
I tenderly take your breast in my hand, caressing it gently, feeling the
firmness in my hand.
But still, you do not respond.
I do not care now though, I know you will not leave me.
You will stay with me, please me, satisfy me.
You can no longer go to him now.
He's lying in our basement, rotting, letting the worms, maggots and rest of
the filth eat his dirty, woman stealing flesh.
All I ever did was try to please you.
I only ever wanted to make you happy, see you smile.
Everything I did was for you, I even killed him for you.
He could never have loved you the way I loved you.
Worship and idolize you like I worship and idolized you.
But, you never loved me back though, not really.
Deep down, you always hated me.
But not anymore.
I've grown accustomed to the coldness you show me.
As I take you once more, I think to myself.
Of all the things I tried to do for you to make you happy.
To make you smile once more.
But it never worked.
All I wanted was a way to make you stay with me, to never leave me.
Yet,the answer was there all along, right before me.
To keep you from leaving me, all I had to do was something so simple and easy.
This was all I had to do.
I only had to kill you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Hither (Annette Redmond Walters - Lafayette, LA)

I meant it not this way but the tears just flow and my makeup smearing all the more, leaving behind that familiar filthy residue. I may have begun to drive myself away, dragging you down as well. But it's done, I've flipped the switch and now it's dark once more. How painful is the music to my ears, I can't stand to be alone in it, yet here I am again. I pray you fly back and safely and warmly to me, though I fear I've dug the grave too deeply. As the dirt shifts within my soul, I choke on those loving words I'd  meant for you. All the fragments of light I see becoming smaller and I wish to be near you in your embrace that might make me feel the warmth I'm missing. And in reality, I doubt I'd breathe another breath without you. So come hither and quickly soothe my dying heart, you are the only cure I know. I cry and cry again, come hither to heal and love me. Come hither and help me dry my tears.

Let That Fucker Burn (John Chenvert - Napoleonville, LA)

Let that fucker burn. Let the fire crackle like the whips once did— like bone meeting leather, like screams swallowed by the trees. Let the white columns crumble to ash. Not as tragedy— but as truth, unearthing itself from beneath generations of silence. Nottoway is not a mansion. It’s a mausoleum. A lie carved in stone to honor the hands that held the whip, not the backs that bore it. They called it the “White Castle.” A place of beauty. A place for weddings, for photo ops, for pretending that horror can be made elegant if the curtains match the guilt. But no paint can cover what happened there. Blood doesn’t wash out with white linens. And pain doesn’t forget just because you renamed it history. I’m not Black. And I won’t pretend to carry that weight. But I also won’t ignore it. My people—the Guanches—were taken too. Our language silenced. Our land stolen. Our names nearly erased. So yes, I know colonization. Yes, I know what it means to be disappeared. But I also know this— my skin ...

The Peculiar New Room (Nick Perere - Baton Rouge, LA)

A peculiar fourth room has appeared in my three bedroom abode. High ceilings Higher than any ceiling in the house Perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls The largest window one can imagine Stretching from floor to ceiling  Wide as an ocean’s horizon  Revealing the  lushest  greenery and the bluest skies.  I am meant to show masterpieces here.   But in one of the corners  o f the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls  i s an ugly patch of dirt. Dirt darker than charred coal.  And the dirt is crawling And multiplying.  With their spindly legs and dangly antennae  Vermin covered in filth and willingly ready to spread their germs Scuffing the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.   But I have to move on,  I have a gallery to exhibit. Smile and act as  if  nothing is wrong. Come.   Enjoy the show.   Enjoy the artwork hanging  Upon the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.