The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Human, Snakes, and the Lost (Louis Toliver, Jr)


The most complexing and painful question that I realize I may never answer is: Why would someone wake up each day and make it a goal to hurt others physically or emotionally. I don’t think there will be a clear answer, but I do know that there are three types of forces in nature: humans, snakes, and the lost. And though my choice to stay in my state and get the best education I could possibly get in a place where snakes have chosen money over life, I realized I am sick of snakes hurting the people I see everyday. I am sick of all these lost people in Louisiana fallen victim to the games of evil mostly through the uses of words. As I have been a lost individual like the ones I love, I am sick of them being confused on who or what to blame for why they are hurting. I am simply here to tell you in the most simple and plain fashion that the reason you are hurting, Louisiana, is that snakes disguised as us are slowing injecting us with their venom, right here in our own home, they have chosen to destroy our self-esteems and our humanity and that is clearly a lack of concern for life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment