The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Thursday, February 14, 2013

To the Man of My Dreams and…My Future Reality (Louis Toliver Jr)


I imagine you holding the door open to our new home
Newly married, you come in behind me smiling
You wrap your arms tightly around me, our heads touching
You say “We’re Home” and I turn and kiss you

I imagine the birth of our first child, adoption, of course
The fact that we can love a child is all we want, we win
We have many more children, we love them all, of course
Their ambitions high like their parents, all we want, we win

I imagine a marriage and life filled with best memories
All of our traveling adventures, experiencing the world
Coaching our children to make the best decisions in life
Growing old together and having the most youthful love

And, though it’s bittersweet, I imagine the day I lose you
Not that anything went wrong, it’s just that we are strong
It is an exciting thought, our love makes death seem easy
Because one earthly death will never break our energy apart

Whatever form YOU, man of my dreams, come in
YOU, my future reality man, will constantly evolve with me
It is YOU I see in this life and also in the next
I shall never settle for anything less than YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment