The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Author: Madison Elizabeth Holland

     "I first met Madison in London during the ULL Study Abroad program. I was instantly charmed by Madison's calm personality, sense of humor, & maturity. She was an extreme pleasure to get to know and I enjoyed the 2 1/2 weeks we spent together. I particularly loved her independence, yet her clear dedication to her relationship.
     As I left London to spend time In Scotland, she left by herself to spend time in Ireland. I never once, during our entire encounter, figured that she loved to write until she contacted me recently. And I must tell you, this is only the beginning of how much she has offered me. We are so grateful to add her to the Louisiana Words family. Ladies & Gentlemen: Louisiana Words introduces Madison Elizabeth Holland." - Louis Toliver Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment