The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bravery Runs in the Family (For My Mother, born Mary Magdalene Young) (Louis Toliver Jr-Swartz, LA)



"Bravery Runs in the Family"
(To My Mother, Born Mary Magdalene Young)

The place that I stand in my life right now
To my mother, I owe the most credit
Every virtuous quality that you see in me
It is from her in which these values were set

My mother once told me long after I left home
That I was the bravest man she soon knew
It is funny to now to think of this moment
Because to me I was then young and cowardly

Though I will always be my mother ‘s baby son
I now claim that I will be that brave man
That my mother saw in me before I did
And take care of myself and my community

Spiritual, hardworking, giving, loving, funny, noble,
These are just a few qualities that “Mama” gave me
So the success you see through me in my life
Remember this man was shaped by his brave mother


No comments:

Post a Comment