The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Monday, March 11, 2013

21st Century Problems: Episode 3 (Louis Toliver Jr - Swartz, LA)


“You have Attention Deficit Disorder,” the doctor concluded after his series of questions. “A.D.D.” he affirmed. He laughed, “If I had a nickel…” I wasn’t sure what to think. “Really?” I asked the doctor. I had never thought that I had problems with my attention span. A-D-D. That spells ADD, I thought. What could be the connection between addition and the attention span? I never cared for math. I remember constantly getting in trouble for turning all my number 3s into Bart Simpson faces in math. The Simpsons wasn’t really one of my favorite TV shows, but…you know thinking takes a lot of energy. My head hurts a lot so I don’t like to think. It makes me tired. I don’t mind other people thinking for me, especially when it comes to voting. I lost my high school election for Secretary. I think it was because I was a guy running for the position and not a chick with big boobs. I don’t think I would ever get breast implants if I were a chick. But, you know, I do enjoy chicken sandwiches… “Hey!” the doctor yelled at me and I realized I wasn’t eating a chicken sandwich anymore. I was in the doctor’s office. “You zoned out just now. Do you need a doctor’s excuse for missing work?” He asked. “What?” I replied. “I had to work today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment