Skip to main content

“So a Lesbian and a Gay Guy Are Hanging Out…” (Louis Toliver Jr)


You haven’t heard this one before? I’ll give you a cleaned up version of the story.
It’s a few days, years..ish later after the end of the world, the end where Earth rotated off its axis and bumped into the moon and then ended up in its same exact position, but sideways.
It’s just the two of them. They woke up on an island, which they figured to be “old” Zimbabwe. Two things were certain now in their lives. There was no more Africa and no more people.
So, the gay guy and the lesbian didn’t mix. They were like icy hot and an asshole. And even though it was always on the back of their minds and it had been a long time since either one of them had had sex, they each, sometimes, thought about carrying on the human gene. But most of the time they thought of having sex, not with each other of course. The lesbian dreamed of a thick-thighed, heavy-breasted, slim waisted, ass jiggling vixen, nothing her flesh colored strap on penis wouldn’t handle. The gay guy dreamed of a thick armed, armored-chested, preferably Italian, friendly bulging sailor, everything goes but fisting, that he couldn’t handle. Neither of them was anywhere close to each other’s fantasy.
However, they both agreed they were getting older and they both agreed that if they didn’t have sex, the human race was gone…forever…forever.
            “So, you just want me to put it inside you?”
            “Yeah, I guess.”
            “It’s not hard though.”
            “Play with it or something.”
            “Can you put it in your mouth?”
“You want me to put that fetus-sized orangutan finger in my mouth?”
“You think it’s ugly?”
“Look, I’m the womb here. Why don’t you warm me up? Take a lick.”
“You want me to lick that, it smells like an old cod filet.”
            “I used to use perfumes.”
“I’m not into fish… of any kind.”
“And I don’t need a dick.”
And so, the gay guy and the lesbian just couldn’t bring themselves to mix any of their bodily fluids together. The lesbian and gay guy were so grossed out by each other that for the next 5 years they lived on different sides of the Zimbabwe island. On eve of the sixth year, they began bartering with each other. The gay guy would bring the lesbian fresh fish and island-made weapons and the lesbian would bring the gay guy beef and island-made organic lotion. They agreed to share bananas.
They lived this way until they both died. They lived to see the end of the world happened again, this time the earth tripped into the sun and burnt up. That clumsy Earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Hither (Annette Redmond Walters - Lafayette, LA)

I meant it not this way but the tears just flow and my makeup smearing all the more, leaving behind that familiar filthy residue. I may have begun to drive myself away, dragging you down as well. But it's done, I've flipped the switch and now it's dark once more. How painful is the music to my ears, I can't stand to be alone in it, yet here I am again. I pray you fly back and safely and warmly to me, though I fear I've dug the grave too deeply. As the dirt shifts within my soul, I choke on those loving words I'd  meant for you. All the fragments of light I see becoming smaller and I wish to be near you in your embrace that might make me feel the warmth I'm missing. And in reality, I doubt I'd breathe another breath without you. So come hither and quickly soothe my dying heart, you are the only cure I know. I cry and cry again, come hither to heal and love me. Come hither and help me dry my tears.

Let That Fucker Burn (John Chenvert - Napoleonville, LA)

Let that fucker burn. Let the fire crackle like the whips once did— like bone meeting leather, like screams swallowed by the trees. Let the white columns crumble to ash. Not as tragedy— but as truth, unearthing itself from beneath generations of silence. Nottoway is not a mansion. It’s a mausoleum. A lie carved in stone to honor the hands that held the whip, not the backs that bore it. They called it the “White Castle.” A place of beauty. A place for weddings, for photo ops, for pretending that horror can be made elegant if the curtains match the guilt. But no paint can cover what happened there. Blood doesn’t wash out with white linens. And pain doesn’t forget just because you renamed it history. I’m not Black. And I won’t pretend to carry that weight. But I also won’t ignore it. My people—the Guanches—were taken too. Our language silenced. Our land stolen. Our names nearly erased. So yes, I know colonization. Yes, I know what it means to be disappeared. But I also know this— my skin ...

The Peculiar New Room (Nick Perere - Baton Rouge, LA)

A peculiar fourth room has appeared in my three bedroom abode. High ceilings Higher than any ceiling in the house Perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls The largest window one can imagine Stretching from floor to ceiling  Wide as an ocean’s horizon  Revealing the  lushest  greenery and the bluest skies.  I am meant to show masterpieces here.   But in one of the corners  o f the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls  i s an ugly patch of dirt. Dirt darker than charred coal.  And the dirt is crawling And multiplying.  With their spindly legs and dangly antennae  Vermin covered in filth and willingly ready to spread their germs Scuffing the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.   But I have to move on,  I have a gallery to exhibit. Smile and act as  if  nothing is wrong. Come.   Enjoy the show.   Enjoy the artwork hanging  Upon the perfectly pristine whitewashed gallery walls.