The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

21st Century Problems: Episode 4 (Louis Toliver Jr - Swartz, LA))


I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared as this night I walked into Blockbuster. It looked like the Ghostbusters needed to come set some ghost traps. There were stacks and stacks of DVDs piled up. I could barely see a path to walk in the store. I know what you’re thinking, “Who goes to Blockbuster when there is Netflix, Hulu, Red Box, On Demand…etc?” Someone that needs to have something immediately. That’s who. I was stressed and there’s only one thing that cured my stress: dancing. I was looking for 2 things: A dancing video game for my Wii (the console in “Episode 2” was PS3..fyi) and From Justin to Kelly. Okay, so I saw no one…What do you mean why am I renting From Justin to Kelly? I don’t think that’s important to the story. Okay. Okay. The opening dance, “The Luv (The Bounce)” is a diamond in a movie distracted by Justin Guarini’s hair and Kelly Clarkson’s short-lived acting career. Ah!! My A.D.D.! Okay, so I saw no one in the store. It was just me and the two TVs playing movie trailers. “Hello? Is anyone here?” I asked like a slasher movie victim. “The killer’s behind you,” I thought and I turned around quickly just to make sure there wasn’t a killer. I’m smart. I assumed the clerk (or whatever you call these people) was in the back doing something with movies or video games. I decided to find what I needed myself. The video game was easy. I just grabbed something that look like it would make me feel like, to quote Lil Mama: “my lip gloss was popping,” while I was dancing. I couldn’t determine if From Justin to Kelly was in Comedy or Musicals. I don’t think it’s intentionally funny though so I went to Musicals. This was difficult looking for a real movie. I mean Netflix knows me. It makes suggestions so I don’t have to look for a movie. “These are large genres, they should be narrowed down in this store,” I thought. I tripped over a stack of DVDs and all the racks in the store fell like dominoes. I panicked, jumped, and ran out of the store like a roach that felt the light come on in the kitchen. Mission Failed. I was still stressed. “Wait, I could just download From Justin to Kelly off ITunes” I thought. Why did I even go to Blockbuster? That was stupid. I bet no one was even there working anyways. “Goodbye to you, Blockbuster…From Michelle Branch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment