The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Friday, July 19, 2013

Sometimes I Feel the Fool (Elizabeth Jenkins-New Orleans, LA)



What I am I am – what I be I be
About the world most times as me
But sometimes I feel the fool
Yes sometimes so feel the fool

Times is times is times most times
And fools is fools most all the times
So why do I whom I feel is smart
Oft feel this fool within my heart

A freak a fool a person wrong
Sing my simple transition song
No fool I feel tis only truth
Yet those around seem me forsooth

Am I wrong to think I'm wrong
Sing my song and think it's wrong
Or right to right and think I'm right
A foolish wrong I need to right

THEREBY

What I am I am – what I be I be
About the world most times as me
But sometimes I feel the fool
Yes sometimes so feel the fool

I try to say of what I am
Yet none see me as I am
Sometimes I really cannot know
What I feel others need to know

Am I the fool for not giving up
Trying to make points carefully
Or is it others who listen not
To what I feel I need to say

When does it go too far I think
When do I quit and just walk away
Is that a failure upon my part
Or rather something I missed in them

A flaw whereby they cannot perceive
The words they cannot believe
So am I a fool for feeling sad
Or am I sad they act the fool

Lizzy

Partially borrowed from myself,and yet
Sometimes I feel the fool
and sometimes the fool is that person who will not hear

No comments:

Post a Comment