The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Monday, November 11, 2013

21st Century Problems: Prozac Zombie Part 1 (#21)- (Louis Toliver Jr-Swartz, LA)

“I’m feel like I’m going to die any day,” I admitted to the doctor. “It stresses me out. The only way I can survive is by busying my mind. What if someone thinks I’m gay because my ex-girlfriend realized she was man. What if I have to work five jobs in my life just to make it, not because I enjoy them. What if I fail Ben? What if I sext my mother, again, by accident? What if other kids sexted their mothers frequently? I feel like I don’t have enough time any more because I have to check Facebook like a drug addict. I don’t have enough time. I would get a gym membership, but Facebook takes up so much of my time. I go to Chili’s when I want to fit in. Lego my ego. I don’t know who I am. I feel like I’m going to die any day.”

“Calm down”, said the doctor. “Who told you that you needed Adderall? You’re suffering from anxiety and depression, not A.D.D.?

“You,” I told the doctor.

“Well he was wrong,” said the doctor. I look confused. He continued as if “You” meant third person, “I think he diagnosed you wrong. You need Prozac.” He wrote out a prescription. “Try this. Let me know if anything seems… off.”

“Depressed…off?” I looked at the prescription, “Fluoxetine?”

“That’s Prozac?” the doctor assured.

“What is this going to do to me?”

“Ease your anxiety?”

“And then what?” I asked.

“And then, you can go back and finish episode #19.”

No comments:

Post a Comment