The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Saturday, October 19, 2013

Labels (Brent Bourque-Loreauville, LA)


Fag- A British term for cigarette Dyke- A levee system used to redirect water Negro- A word to describe a color in the Spanish language Cracker- A type of biscuit Retard- To hinder or slow development
These words amongst others have many meanings When we often use them to describe each other They take on a cruel edge meant to humiliate and degrade Why? Do we feel these are the words to describe us I am a homosexual white male I would never say I am a cracker fag Do either one of these statements describe me No not completely Lets take the first statement I am a homosexual but it is not who I am And while white describes the color of my skin my genealogy says something different I am made of many nationalities all colliding and mixing and forming to make up me And even male is subjective While I live my life as a man there are many people with this label that don’t feel it adequately describes them With the right label you can succeed Your nationality, color, sex and class are just right With wrong labels you will be persecuted, enslaved, and convicted for what you are what you believe or who you love Break free of the labels that are placed upon you They are only a description of a small piece of your life Take what people think of you and challenge their belief I am Brent A gay White male Blue collar worker Uncle Brother Son Best friend But through all of it I am Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment