The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Monday, April 8, 2013

21st Century Problems: My Gay FTM Transgendered Boyfriend (#10) (Louis Toliver Jr - Swartz, LA)



It’s 2:45 PM on Monday. I always have lunch on MWF with my boyfriend who actually is a biological female who feels like a guy on the inside, which means I am dating a preop FTM transgendered American citizen also meaning she is "he" who is my boyfriend. This also means that technically I am gay because I am in love with a female that really is internally a male. It’s a lot to wrap your head around I know. I was hopping it Picadilly (our favorite laidback place. No drama here always.)  to meet Terry, my boyfriend. After I sat down, with him after getting my Super Dilly, I was met with, “I have something to tell you.” I had barely sweetened my ice tea with one artificial blue and pink sweetener. “I’m straight,” he said with a straight face. I stared at my baked chicken which looked confused as I did. Terry (Terri when he was she) looked at me, he was casually dressed like an alternative Rockband player. I pondered my sexuality for a bit. You know sexuality seems easier in high school when you just have straight and gay and no between. However, sexuality in the real world was like a calculus problem, complex as hell. “So, you are telling me…that you are a female…that feels like a male…who  realized that he was gay…but now you are telling me that you are a male who has realized he is straight,” I should have gotten a regular Dilly. “Yes, so I have to break up with you. I am in love with a woman,” Terry grabbed my hand that was holding my fork and asked, “We can still friends?” I looked at Terry and then at my food. “Friends let friends enjoy their Dillys at Picadilly,” I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment