The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Butterflies in Hell (Ted A. Richard-Church Point, LA)


Wrapped up tight in this cocoon of despair;
Nothing makes sense.
I know that I’m supposed to be something beautiful
But all I see in here is dark and ugly.
There are no mirrors, no reflection of
The me  I’m supposed to be.
How am I supposed to know my destiny.
I can feel myself changing,
But it’s not change that I can see.
And then,
My cocoon begins to unravel.
Slowly at first, and then quickly.
I can feel the former me emerging from the darkness
And I can finally see the beautiful creature I have become.
And I am Happy!
I am Proud !
I am Free !
I am ME !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment