The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Monday, April 29, 2013

21st Century Problems: A.D.D. Strikes Again (#14)-Louis Toliver Jr-Swartz, LA)


21st Century Problems: A.D.D. Strikes Again (#14)"

There are 50 states that make up the United States. I am not sure how Puerto Rico and Washington DC fit into this…but sometimes both are considered the 51st state. But I guess we kinda have 52 states. Can you imagine trying to get 52 people to agree on something. I can barely get 4 of my friends to agree on Whataburger or Canes. Canes usually wins because those succulent chicken fingers. They make me want to dance. They make me want to Harlem Shake…unfortunately I’ve never been to Harlem nor am I sure they like to shake. I did go to New York City one time and I took the subway to 42nd street. I thought I was near Times Square, but actually I was in the Brooklyn, so the 42nd street was different there. I am not sure there is 42nd Street in Brooklyn actually. When I got off the subway with this random group of women, I was reminded of the Cosby show…not as classy as the Huxtables, but we can only strive to be Claire Huxtable. What if Claire Huxtable were the First Lady? If I were Vanessa, I would be scared. Vanessa had middle sibling syndrome…like Jan Brady. Jan. It’s hard being friends with someone named “Jan” or “Stan”. I’m okay with the name “Jana” but then I would need to meet a guy named “Stana.” Wait a second…there is so much productive shit I could be thinking about on the toilet right now and this is what I’m thinking about. Ugh, I don’t want to go to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment