The Louisiana Social Pledge

We pledge our allegiance to Louisiana. We will embrace what makes us and our state unique. Louisiana will be recognized as a leader and innovator of the New South. Many great leaders of the future will come from this state. And we will show both the media and politicians that we are smarter than them. We will no longer have our resources exhausted and our people used and left behind. We will work hard and play hard. We will protect each other. We will support each other. We pledge that we will do whatever we can to get these things in motion right now. We will no longer wait for a path to be cleared for us. We will clear the path ourselves. And we ain’t giving up easily. We will socialize in the real world just as well as we do on the internet…in hopes to organize ourselves effectively.


Monday, June 17, 2013

When I Look into the Rainbow I See (Bisquita Stevens-Broussard, LA)


When I look into the rainbow I see
Blues like the sky and greens like grass to grow.

When I look into the rainbow I see
Yellows like the sun that gives me the Vitamins that my skin needs.
When I look in the rainbow I see
Purples and oranges that make flowers look so Vibrant into my eyes.
When I look into the rainbow I see
Red that stands for hate the same hate that is why a lot of us can't marry the person that we love with all our of heart. Isn't red supposed to mean love? Red hate, just because I love someone in my own sex.
I also see hate in my own Gay community. Who cares If I can't wear the Latest fashion because of money that I don't have? It should be what is in my heart. Stop the hate and stand together as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment